Without much ado, here are our 2019 Rolex 24 Questions We Need Answers To heading into the race weekend
- Which Taylor brother can carry some hack ex-F1 and Indycar drivers to an overall Rolex crown? Tax Cheat, a Manor F1 driver and some bloke named Fred are no match for the star power of Sir Rickford Taylor and Jordee T Sheets.
- Which F***ing one do we call the Banana Boat now? Banana Boats? Bananai? We may never know.
- Can Mazda finally get the big fiery monkey off of its already burning back? Sources close to the situation say no, and they are also on fire.
- Can we hit the over on cautions caused by LMP2 cars in general, but also cautions caused by Pastor Maldanado?
GT Le Mans
- The BMW M8’s: will the vortex they create with their mass cause a superstorm over the east coast of Florida? Early reports show cells forming just from unload day.
- Does Corvette hate IMSA? The other big players are running #IMSA50 throwback schemes, Corvette, the New England Patriots of IMSA, are running their standard, boring yellow. Hmmm.
- Who will win the trophy of the incorrect drivers this year? Porsche is the early favorite.
- Will the Pfaff car grow a beard mid race? Does it drink artisan coffee? Does it ride a fixie? You get the gist, the car wears flannel.
- The #13 Ferrari has a driver named Chico Longo. There’s no question here I just wanted to note that.
- Can Team Monoplast by Land break their own record and go for a 10 minute penalty? Last year they were hit with a 5 minute stop and hold for improper fueling, this year the sights should be higher.
- Will the P1 Motorsports Chupacabra eat someone? Our bet is yes, and it will probably be someone small, like Pipo Derani.
- How many creepy fan incidents will the #57’s drivers be subject to? If what a single female driver has to deal with is any indication, having 4 ladies share the car should propel the creep numbers through the roof.